Realtor is a profession that attracts many people of all ages and education levels. Many want to become a realtor, but few people reasonably assess the scale of this profession, believing that the scope of a realtor is reduced only to the presentation of apartments and the collection of commissions.
In reality, this is far from the case. To become a realtor, you need to have a lot of knowledge, skills and personal qualities, otherwise you will not survive in this market. A realtor is a specialist in several areas at once, from jurisprudence to psychology, and must constantly improve his skills so as not to lose customers.
Who is a real estate agent and what does he do
A realtor, who is also a realtor, is a professional intermediary between a seller and a buyer wishing to conclude a contract for the sale of housing or any other real estate, as well as when concluding leases. His responsibilities include the search for buyers and sellers themselves, their rapprochement, as well as all the legal subtleties of the process.
Since a good specialist must be well versed in all transactions carried out in the real estate market, and in the constantly changing legal regulation of all processes. And this is just one of the reasons why becoming a realtor is not as easy as it seems.
The full list of functions of a realtor is as follows:
- Study of supply and demand dynamics in the real estate market
- Build a database of purchase or lease options
- Provides advice on the technical requirements of the property being sold
- Carries out complete coordination and execution of transactions
- Collects the necessary documents to conclude transactions
- Notifies parties of possible issues requiring resolution
- Controls the timely payment of the concluded transaction
- Ensures that the agreed conditions are met by the parties involved
- Provides the employer with a complete report on the work done
- Assumes full responsibility for the legality of the concluded transaction
Separately, it should be stipulated that in case of delays, overlaps and situations of force majeure, the realtor always bears responsibility and he always compensates for the damage éventuels.Il it is therefore in his interest to work as carefully as possible to ensure the purity of the concluded transaction.
How to become a realtor and start making money
To become a real estate agent, you do not need to undergo a specific higher education or anything like that – although the legal profession is very useful. For some time now, trainings have begun to work, but they are still too expensive for most of those who want to master the craft. Usually, the majority of applicants are trained with existing real estate agencies after passing an interview.
That is why the most important thing for a real estate agent career is to choose the right agency. Pay attention to the following parameters:
- Office location (better in the center)
- Company age (the older, the more reliable)
- You can ignore the number of employees – since they all provide their own income, even yesterday the agency that emerged may have an impressive staff, which absolutely does not affect anything.
In addition to the purely technical information that will be provided in the courses, a successful real estate agent must also possess the following skills:
Determination of the client’s personality type with the naked eye
Possession of minimal knowledge in psychology
Conduct formal negotiations
Get rid of yourself and inspire confidence
The gift of persuasion
In addition, it does not hurt to navigate legal issues – this is one of the most important parts of the work of a realtor, who is obliged to control the legality of transactions concluded by his wards. To become a realtor, you need to know well the factors affecting the real estate market-for example, seasonality, changes in bank lending programs, the political and economic environment, etc.
A successful realtor also works with investors who want to make a profit on their investments. The ability to analyze the situation and adequately assess the potential profitability of a project is essential for wanting to become a real estate agent.
And, of course, advertising. Without the ability to think through an advertising plan for a particular project, there is nothing to do in the real estate business – you simply will not be able to sell anything. The ability to emphasize the strengths of the offer, hide weaknesses and correctly present it to the buyer – this is what guarantees success in this area.