In our blog, we have already talked a lot about the formats for publishing and presenting information in general on the site and in social networks. But one imperceptible thing, with great advantage, was ignored. This is an infographic. Almost as big and powerful as the Russian language itself. Awesome and powerful because it’s a super cool way to present information. Let’s see why it’s so cool, how to create a useful infographic and how to use it when it’s ready.
What is infographic
Infographics are a combination of images, words, numbers and graphics. It combines all the advantages of the listed options for presenting information. What is easier for you to perceive? Most likely visual content, mostly videos. Yes, video is really the easiest to learn. It is followed by an image. And only then the text and everything else.
So, one day, smart people noticed it and decided: “Why not sculpt one of all formats.”The image will be remembered, the text with numbers will be better perceived, and the numbers themselves will be clearer if they are supported by graphics. Infographics were born about these conclusions.
Today, it has become one of the best information presentation tools. Infographics are visual, understandable and easy to understand, much easier than dry text or empty graphics without explanation.
10 advantages of infographic over other formats
- Orientation. Almost everyone already knows what kind of animal it is. Infographics are used everywhere: on websites, on social networks, in presentations, even in brochures and newspapers. The number of this format is increasing every day and is not going to slow down. Knowing how to create infographics greatly empowers content creators.
- Easy perception. Almost any text can be viewed, the main thing is to correctly approach this issue. Instruction, manual, sales text, sales pitch – anything you want can be presented in the form of infographics.
- Familiar images. If this content is written correctly, people will surely notice familiar images, faces and icons in infographics. This involuntarily forces you to pay more attention to the content.
- Such content is shared. Why not talk to your friends about something that can be useful to anyone in an expanded and accessible form.
- It is quickly absorbed. Visual content is processed by the brain 80% faster than text. Usually we simply scan the text at a glance, infographics are well remembered even with this approach.
- To attract attention. Against the background of texts with some images, computer graphics always wins. Knowing how to create infographics increases the competitiveness of the submitted material.
- Different formats. In infographics, you can tell a story, teach a person to use something, show how something works, and it’s cool.
- People are looking for infographics. Instead of the query “how to create your own website”, people ask a question in the search of the following type” website creation infographic”, the number of these queries has increased 8 times in the last 6 years.
- Infographics increase audience engagement. A picture with numbers and graphics is much more interesting to look at, people like this content more often.
- It’s just beautiful. Better than all isolated content types.
Varieties of infographics
By and large, the type of computer graphics does not really matter, it will be determined by itself when creating it, but for the sake of completeness, we will indicate its main varieties:
- Statistics. From the very name it is clear that these are statistics in visual form: a lot of tables, few graphs, no plot. Used to display information: for example, when creating quarterly or annual report presentations.
- Analytical information. An advanced type of statistical infographic. Allows you to focus on different facts, create correlations and dependencies.
- Dynamic. This is a more advanced variety. It can display animation inserts, videos, characters, etc. Used for various purposes. Instructions, training, company narration.
How to create an infographic
The effectiveness of using infographics is no longer in doubt. How to create the most bright and memorable material?
There are not as many sources of information and tools in Russian as we would like, but they are. Consider the popular platforms in the Russian-speaking and English-speaking segments:
- Crello: there is an infographic builder and many templates to create them;
- Visual: allows you to create beautiful, high-quality infographics and other useful content;
- Piktochart: Offers several free infographic themes and many paid themes in an advanced version of the online application.
- Hohli Builder : can be used to create diagrams;
- Creately: here are templates for infographics of graphs in which you can replace your information and get a beautiful ready:made result.
Many good examples of infographics can be found in the image search results .
All these services have significant drawbacks-non-unique content, few solutions, not the most responsive interface and significant limitations of functionality.